Monday, September 27, 2010

this morning

as i sit here this morning in a wonderfully cool house sipping hot tea i realize how ungrateful i often am!  i so often take so many things for granted and i forget to give all praise to the Father in all blessings He has given me!  i realized last night when i was putting my little one to bed that him, laying there sleeping in my arms was one of the many sweetest blessings from the Lord that i sometimes take for granted.  God continually remind me to give you praise for the many blessings you have given me and to not take them for granted.  help me to enjoy the gifts you have given me and to use them to Your glory because i may not always have them.  and help remind me to look to You for my strength and hope when i may lose a sweet blessing you allowed me to have.  amen.


there can be so much tragedy on this earth..........the people that don't know Jesus as their Savior do not know what to turn to.  most of the time this means they dive themselves into sin to try and make them feel better when in reality all they need is Jesus!  this morning i was reading Ephesians.  with me most likely going to Asia in late december or early january these verses stood out most to me:


 10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm. 14 Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace.16 In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one;17 and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, 18 praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints, 19 and also for me, that words may be given to me in opening my mouth boldly to proclaim the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains, that I may declare it boldly, as I ought to speak.


i pray i am able to put on the armor of God and that day by day i don't forget to wear it!  God is my strength and i can do all things through Him!  


this morning i pray specifically for all the individuals and families in the world that have experienced deep pain and tragedy.  i pray that they look to the Lord for their strength and guidance and that they find peace in Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.