Thursday, August 5, 2010

blah, blah, blah.....well not all blah :)

I hate filling out paperwork.  It gives me a headache and puts strain on my neck!  I know you might think this is funny because I love so much to write and journal, but I can sit comfortably anywhere and do that.  Paperwork has to be done neatly with no mistakes....so I sit with my head slumped over the desk!  Well enough with that, I am actually done with the paperwork now.....thank you Jesus!

So yesterday for lunch I made a new tofu nugget recipe.  The verdict:
Jeremiah Keyne - liked it, or seemed to anyway.  He ate about half of what was on his plate.
Solomon Blythe - joyfully picked a nugget off his plate, dipped it in the honey and took a big bite.  Had a strange look on his face for a few seconds and quickly spit it out on his plate and said, "I don't like it Mommy!"  There was no fooling him, he knew it wasn't a chicken nugget!
My Husband - he wasn't home for lunch, but laughed when I told him over the phone what I was making!  Boo
Me - I liked it!  Personally, if I make it again,   there are some things I would do differently.  I would use less spinach in the egg and spinach mixture.  There was so much spinach that it wasn't getting "sticky" enough to coat the breadcrumbs well.  Second, I didn't like the idea of cooking them in the pan with olive oil.  It took way to long and was way to messy!  Plus, not that healthy.  I think next time I would try baking them in the oven, although I have no idea if this would work well or not.  Anyway, the Hubby made fun of me when he got home saying it smelled like fried tofu.....

Sorry, I think I will skip posting the recipe today.  Maybe another day, or I may only post if someone shows interest in trying the recipe.  So speak up if it sounds good to you!

So yesterday and today I have briefly looked through some recent pictures.  I am going to post one because it is just all kinds of cuteness!















This is just one of those sweet moments that's hard to catch!  Unfortunately, they are not always this nice to one another!

Now I'm going to post another picture, not only because of it's cuteness, because it is cute!  But because coming across it made me think of another recipe that would be good to share.


See, I told you it was cute!  And Babybug here really likes these cookies!  In all their glory: White Chocolate Cherry Shortbread Cookies!  Yum, yum, yum!!!

So click here to go to the recipe:  http://www.bhg.com/recipe/cookies/white-chocolate-cherry-shortbread/

The first time I made these cookies was for a family christmas party....they were a hit and I had made them exactly how the recipe called.  The second time I made these cookies it was for a 4th of July party.  As you can tell in the picture I added extra red food coloring for the event and and blue edible glitter.  So much fun!  These cookies are great because they are not only good but they can be made to fit any event, such as:

  • you could add other colors in for christmas such as green
  • you could leave the red food coloring out so the cookie would be more pink and use brown sprinkles or edible glitter.......this would be perfect for a baby shower
  • you can just switch the colors and make this cookie acceptable for any event! 
Now onto my agenda for the rest of the day:  Making frozen yogurt pops for dessert tonight and for snacks the next few days.  Here's the recipe because really folks they are healthy and so very fast and easy!

2 cups of plain lowfat yogurt
2 cups frozen berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, or cherries), thawed in the microwave for one minute
1/2 to 3/4 cup confectioners sugar

Combine the yogurt, fruit, and sugar in a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Poor into popsicle molds and freeze.                         And Viola....there ya go!  Yummy!

Well on a completely different note, I haven't posted much (if anything at all) about where I am spiritually.  I don't have a lot of time for that right now.......more will come later I promise!  Anyway something over the last week that keeps coming back to my mind is Matthew 9: 9-13 http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/search/?q=matthew+9:9-13&src=esv.org 
I heard a sermon preached on this http://redeemeraudio.org/ and we talked about again last night in our care group.  Good stuff, please listen to the sermon and read the passage if you have time!

Well I need to clean up a few things and then it will be time to get started on dinner.  Tonight:  chicken quesadillas, refried beans, avocado spread, and chips.......we really love mexican food and could eat it every night of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.