Tuesday, August 10, 2010

My heart is heavy this day....

The Lord has so lovingly made me aware this day that I need to be less focused on myself and more focused on Him!  There is so much I want to say but can't seem to get the thoughts straight in my head.

"God help me this day to be a sanctuary for You!"

I never want to pass an opportunity to present the gospel.  Sadly, I pass the opportunity's all to often!  That being said:
You will face a Holy God on Judgement Day.  He sees lust as adultery (http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/search/?q=Matthew+5:28) and hatred as murder (http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/search/?q=1+John+3:15).  Guilty?  Jesus took your punishment on the cross, and rose again defeating death, to save you.  Repent (http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/search/?q=Luke+13:5) and trust in Him today!

I have been thinking and praying a lot today about all the people who are lost and don't know Jesus as their Lord and Savior, all the sick (whether temporary or long term), all the people who have had tragedy fall upon them, all the hungry, and so on.  I sit here now finished with my lunch wishing instead that I would have had someone to give it to that needed food much more than I.  I have been recently aware lately of my wretched heart, and it is not pretty!  I am so thankful for a forgiving, gracious, and merciful God!

"God, help me to remember to fall on my knees before you daily and repent of all my wretched sins and to stand up being renewed in the gospel and able to show Your love to those in need of faith in You!"

I make a commitment to Love the Lord my God and have no other gods before Him, to repent and have faith in Him, to tell others of this glorious joy, to help those in need and not be selfish with my time (it doesn't matter what I want to do, it matters what God is calling me to do).   I don't want to be found guilty before a Holy God on Judgement Day!

My prayer is that you don't want to be found guilty before a Holy God on Judgement Day.  As I have once heard it put, "the bible should be your manual to life".  Please read the verses and take them to heart and put them into action.  I pray as you read them the Lord will soften the hard walls around your heart and break up the fallow ground in your heart and prepare it to grow a beautiful harvest!  Philippians 4:13 says, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!"

Anyway, I have barely even begun to scratch the surface of what the Lord is doing in my heart, but I just can't seem to get my thoughts through to my fingers to type correctly and clearly.  The Lord has a perfect plan and takes glory in it and so in knowing that I have to end this post and trust Him to do the rest of the work!

My heart is heavy this day.....but I will find joy in Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.