Wednesday, August 11, 2010

expect the unexpected

What I had planned for today didn't happen.  God had a completely different plan.  And it was perfect, it proves that I don't know what's best for my life.....God does!  So instead of what I had originally planned for today I decided to take the boys to the zoo.  And yes, we ended up having an excellent day!  It was great, really!  I am so blessed to have two wonderful, handsome young boys as my sons.  I do not in any way deserve to be their mother, but I am honored!

The heat really wasn't as suffocating as I thought it might be today, so that helped to make our trip more pleasurable.  The boys were so excited to get to go to the zoo, they really do love it!  Blythe kind of gave himself away when we pulled into the parking lot and starts yelling, "we're at the zoo, YAY"!  The boys really were amazing today, they didn't fuss when they got hot or tired.  They just wanted to see more animals.  We never walk the whole zoo in one visit because the boys don't have the patience for that.  Today, however, was different. When I finally made the decision it was time to leave. Blythe was begging to walk the rest of the zoo (which we didn't have much left).  It was such a blessing to have such a sweet time with my boys today.

My original plan was to have some time without the boys today.  Look at what I would have missed out on!  I only thought I knew best!  God is all knowing!

This afternoon we came in ate an early dinner of leftovers, got the boys and me bathed, now we are sitting here watching a movie to finish out the evening.  We sure have missed having Daddy tonight though, he had some work to do.

On another note, I have made lots of new recipes recently that I will probably post some of.  Just not tonight....tomorrow maybe!

It's book reading time with the boys! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.